If we told you that your breakfast could be beautiful, superfood-filled, and help you chill out for the day ahead, you may be skeptical. But if we told you that your breakfast could contain more potassium than a banana (without the sugar), be chock full of fiber for feeding your friendly gut bacteria, vegan, and might even help you stress less about the traffic and project coming up at work, you probably wouldn’t believe us.
Try this amazing CBD avocado toast recipe, and you may just turn into a believer like us! We are confident that this superfood, vegan, gluten-free CBD avocado toast could really give you a super start to your day.
Spoiler alert: making this breakfast is easy. It’s even easier now, because if you use promocode JULY15OFF you get 15% off of any of our tinctures (including pet tinctures too) from July 23rd through this Sunday, July 28th!
Avocados are like CBD, because they make everything else better. What does that mean? It means that avocados can actually help increase the nutrient value of the other plant foods in your diet. So not only are avocados a superfood on their own, they make other foods healthier!
Now, how does CBD make everything else better? Well technically, that’s our opinion. But adding some CBD to your avocado toast (or really adding CBD to anything) could help you to take a deep breath and relax. Or, it may help increase your focus. Or… both! CBD is amazing in the sense that it works differently for different people. Here’s how it works in the body:
The endocannabinoid system, a system of millions of receptors located throughout the body, has been found to play a role in bringing balance to the body. CBD is a cannabinoid that interacts with your body’s endocannabinoid system, and mimics the compounds already found in your body. Using CBD oil can help by inhibiting the enzyme that breaks down your body’s endocannabinoids. This gives you a boost by increasing the number of endocannabinoids in your system.
We could go on and on about the benefits of CBD and avocados (did you know our CBD is blended with organic MCT oil from virgin coconuts? MCT oil is the most bioavailable carrier oil), but we know that you are really here for the recipe.
Without further ado, here’s how you can make CBD avocado toast three ways:
- Toast yourself a piece of bread (we use gluten free sourdough, but you can use whatever bread your heart desires)
- Spread a thin layer of Miyoko’s butter on top once toasted
- Top with an avocado rose, cherry tomatoes, and Himalayan salt
- Sprinkle a few drops of our Hemp 25mg Classic Tincture on the avocado rose (it holds the CBD really well)
- Again, toast yourself a piece of bread
- Mash the avocado in a bowl first with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and a few more drops of RE Botanicals Hemp 25mg Classic CBD Tincture
- Transfer the mashed avocado onto the bread
- Place sliced strawberries on top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- If you’re feeling fancy, add some Kite Hill Vegan Ricotta
- For the third and final time, toast yourself a piece of bread
- Spread another thin layer of Miyoko’s butter on top once toasted
- Top with sliced avocado, golden beets, a few more drops of our Hemp 25mg Classic Tincture, and Trader Joe’s Everything but The Bagel seasoning
And there you have it! Avocado toast three ways. Superfoods meet CBD, all Vegan and Gluten Free.